Many hydronic heating contractors in Western Canada have fond memories of attending the Foothills Hydronics Conference held for many years in Calgary and Edmonton. The two-day event provided an opportunity to be immersed in all things related to hydronic heating in sessions led by experts from across North America.
The Canadian Hydronics Council (CHC) has announced a similar event for next fall. It will hold the third edition of its Canadian Hydronics Conference in Edmonton Oct. 16-17, in conjunction with the CIPHEX Roadshow trade show, which takes place Oct. 17.
“We are thrilled to be presenting the Canadian Hydronics Conference in conjunction with the Edmonton edition of the CIPHEX Roadshow,” remarked CHC chairman Dave Hughes (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology).
“Inspired by the Foothills Conference of several years ago, this conference will provide hydronic heating professionals with outstanding technical and sales training. By holding the conference in conjunction with the CIPHEX Roadshow, attendees can also visit the exhibits, see the newest hydronic products and systems on the market and speak to the experts behind them.”
The conference speaker line-up includes:
- Robert Bean, mechanical engineer and president of Indoor Climate Consultants Inc., Calgary
- Paul Chang, Alberta Municipal Affairs
- Greg Cunniff, applications engineering manager, Taco Ltd., Cranston, Rhode Island
- Mark Etherton, licensed master plumber and principle, Advanced Hydronics, Denver, Colorado
- Ellen Rohr, COO of Zoom Franchise Co., a drain cleaning franchise company, public speaker and expert on business makeovers, Springfield, Missouri.
- Bob “Hot Rod” Rohr, trainer and technical support for Caleffi, hydronic heating author, Springfield, Missouri.
Ellen will also be the featured speaker at the Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating Region Industry Dinner on Oct. 16.
Both events will take place at the Marriott Resort Edmonton River Cree, Enoch, Alta. (south of Edmonton).
CIPHEX Roadshows will also take place in St. John’s, Nfld. on Sept 21 and Regina, Sask. on Oct. 19.
For contractors, wholesalers, engineers and other industry members, it’s a chance to meet face-to-face with manufacturers and learn about new products and technologies, reported CIPH chairman Bill Palamar (Weil-McLain Canada).
Seminars covering HVAC/R, plumbing, hydronics and water treatment will be featured at all Roadshow events.
For more information, please visit www.ciphexroadshow.ca.