The National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) Design and Industry Awards are now open for submissions from plumbers, designers, architects, etc. The deadline for entries is July 3 and NKBA members receive one free entry if submitted before May 31.
The winners will be announced on Feb. 8, 2021, at the NKBA Kitchen and Bath Design and Industry Awards, Orlando, Florida, as part of the NKBA kick-off to the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) 2021.
Each year the NKBA recognizes the year’s most exceptional kitchen and bath designs. This year’s competition includes more than $60,000 in cash prizes and winners will also be featured in their Luxe Interior and Design magazine, Kitchen and Bath Business magazine, and the official NKBA publication.
The categories for the 2021 show are:
- Contemporary Kitchen: Small/Medium (Under 250 sq. ft.)
- Contemporary Kitchen: Large/Extra-Large (More than 250 sq. ft.)
- Traditional Kitchen: Small/Medium (Under 250 sq. ft.)
- Traditional Kitchen: Large/Extra-Large (More than 250 sq. ft.)
- Contemporary Bathroom: Small/Medium (Under 55 sq. ft.)
- Contemporary Bathroom: Large/Extra-Large (More than 55 sq. ft.)
- Traditional Bathroom: Small/Medium (Under 55 sq. ft.)
- Traditional Bathroom: Large/Extra-Large (More than 55 sq. ft.)
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Living in Place
To be eligible, all project entries must have been installed between Jan. 1, 2019 and July 3, 2020. The competition is divided into two rounds. In round one, all entries must include two high-resolution photographs, a completed entry form and entry payment.
“We understand it’s been an extremely unusual year and there may be many designers who were anticipating having their projects professionally photographed, but haven’t been able to do it because of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Suzie Williford, employee value proposition and chief strategy officer of NKBA.
“Good design is good design, whether it’s professionally photographed or not. Don’t let that discourage you from having your work recognized. The cameras on smartphones have come a long way. Our judges will take these unusual circumstances into consideration as they are evaluating the entries.”
Round two finalists will be announced on July 15. As part of this round, all finalists will be required to upload additional material to their submission folder.