Global pre-insulated pipe sales are set to be valued at US$5,470,500 million in 2021, with a stable long-term projection, according to the latest market intelligence study from research and consulting firm Future Market Insights. The report estimates the global pre-insulated pipes market to grow at nearly 5.8 per cent during 2021-2031. The report offers analysis in 20+ high-growth countries, providing detailed insights on pre-insulated pipes configurations and applications that are likely to evolve in the coming decade.
Demand for pre-insulated pipes grew moderately during 2020, affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and also influenced by developments in the end-use sector of district heating and cooling, oil and gas, among others. However, considering the possibility of economic stimulus in many countries, the long-term outlook on the market remains positive.
- District heating and cooling system applications will witness higher demand owing to a growing transition away from conventional electric HVAC insulation.
- Polymer composite materials are projected to hold major market share on the back of UV and corrosion resistant characteristics.
- S. will expand at a steady rate, driven by investments into construction projects and oil exports.
- Germany will reflect a strong rise, displaying a 5.8 per centCAGR through 2031.
- GCC countries are high potential market driven by a lucrative and matured oil and gas sector.
“Frequent advancements in pre-insulated pipes configurations and adoption of district heating and cooling systems in recent years has provided impetus to sales and revenue. Increasing demand from suppliers and from end-use industries are propelling growth. The use of polymer materials in pre-insulated pipes is gaining prominence in district heating and cooling systems for efficient transfer of hot and chilled water for commercial and residential applications. The requirement of the modern energy systems is witnessing a steady rise which bolsters sales prospects for pre-insulated pipes as well,” stated the report.
R&D Collaborations with Local Players Gain Ground
Pre-insulated pipes market is likely to grow at a moderate pace during 2021-2031. However, as it is a matured market, companies are expected to concentrate further on research and development activities to develop more in the field of district heating and cooling that meet requirements of consumers. Collaboration with local players and developing new technology in the form of smart grid and advanced pre-insulated pipe offerings is a prime strategy expected to gain traction in the forecast period.
The market is fragmented, with key players accounting for approximately one fifth of the market share. These players are likely to invest in new technology developments and expansion of their networks in order to maintain their market shares. Some of the key players in the market are Georg Fischer AG, Uponor Corporation, Watts Water Technologies, LOGSTOR A/S, Brugg Group Ag, Polypipe Group PLC, Vital Energi Utilities Limited, Perma-Pipe International Holdings Inc., Elips – Empower Logstor, KE KELIT etc.
- Flexenergy supplied 50 meters of 90mm pre-insulated polybutylene pipe and 100 metres of 75mm pipe in a contract with James House in York for heating and hot water applications in July 2020.
- GF Piping Systems announced the acquisition of a 49% in 2017 stake in Canada-based piping system manufacturer Urecon Ltd., with a goal of complete acquisition which was completed in 2019.
- Empower-Logstor Insulated Pipes Systems announced the opening of the UAEs largest pre-insulated pipe production facility for a valuation of US$ 25 million. Logstor also won a contract to supply 20 kilometers of pre-insulated pipes for Al Jaber Construction.