Mississauga, ON — The Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada’s (HRAI) annual general meeting (AGM) returns virtually on Sept. 23. This year marks the 53 edition, and the meeting will explore how HRAI will ensure the industry is at the table when government decisions are being made.
The AGM will host several meetings and will feature guest speakers Phillippe Dunsky of Dunsky Energy and Climate Advisors and Huw Williams, president of Impact Public Affairs. Dunsky’s discussion will take place from 11 am to 11:30 am and will be titled “Big Savings for Canadians with Government Electrification Plans through Ground-Source Heat Pumps.” Williams’ will focus on “Opportunities and Challenges for the HVAC/R Sector with a New Parliament in Place,” and it will take place from 11:30 am to 12 pm.
There will be additional meetings held throughout the remainder of the AGM. The full agenda can be found below:
- 12 pm – 12:20 pm: chair’s annual report, hosted by Rob Flipse, chair of the board at HRAI.
- 12:20 pm – 12:40 pm: operations and financial report, hosted by Frank Diecidue, director of operations at HRAI.
- 12:40 pm -1:00 pm: GR year in review and future opportunities, hosted by Martin Luymes, vice president of government and stakeholder relations for HRAI.
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm (Breakout Rooms): wholesaler divisional AGM, manufacturer divisional AGM, and contractor divisional AGM.
- 2:00 pm-3:00 pm: contractor’s town hall session.
To register for the AGM, please visit www.hrai.ca.