Atlantic Canada’s largest trade show and social event for the mechanical trades returned in 2022 to the Moncton Coliseum Complex in New Brunswick for the first time since prior to the pandemic. The Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic and Technology Show, or more commonly referred to as the MEET Show, ran on May 4 and 5 and recorded 5,772 registered attendees.
“This edition of the MEET Show was a great success,” said Shawn Murphy, show manager of the MEET Show. “We saw professionals from all across the country showcase the latest technology—from robots to heating units and smart building innovations, there was a lot to take in over the course of two days. We are hearing lots of positive feedback from exhibitors and attendees alike.”
In addition to the traditional trade show, the event hosted several educational seminars for attendees. Five door prizes were given to attendees and were claimed by:
- Donna Sheppard, Port Hawkesbury, N.S, (who won a Saniaccess 3 Toilet compliments of Saniflo)
- Kevin Connolly, Halifax, N.S, (who won a 50-inch TV supplied by Schneiders Electric)
- Andrew Blanchard, Ellershouse, N.S, (who won a Vectapure Reverse Osmosis Membrane compliments of APS)
- Gary Delory, Antigonish. N.S, (who won an 18-V Bosch Tool Kit compliments of Chemfax)
- Katie MacDonald, Fredericton, N.B, (who won a Star Lighting Pendant compliments of DALS Lighting)
Four innovation awards were given out by the show’s four sponsoring associations—Venmar AVS/Virtuo Air Technology received the ACME Innovation Award for its AVS N Series, Acuva received the CIPH Innovation Award for its ArrowMax Home 2.0 UV-LED water purification system, Intellimeter Canada Inc. received the EFC Innovation Award for its i-Meter EV charger meter and demand controller, and Dals received the IES Innovation Award (Maritime Sections) for its MFD03-CC.
MEET is produced by Master Promotions Ltd. in Moncton and sponsored by the Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating (CIPH), IES (Illuminating Engineering Society) – Maritime Sections, Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) and ACME (Atlantic Canada Mechanical Exhibitors).
The MEET Show is expected to return again in 2024.